With the various types of juicers in the market, you will come to realize the juicer for greens is one of the most invaluable kitchen appliances that you should have.
Vegetables are not everyone’s favorite especially when you have to eat some of them raw to get the nutrients that your body needs. Proper nutrition is not found in fruits alone; vegetables are known to have essential minerals that lack anywhere else.
If you are a vegetarian, you may be looking for the best juicer for vegetables to keep up with your vegetarian lifestyle.
|Juicer||View on Amazon||Action||Warranty||Dimensions||Weight||Rating|
|Omega J8006 Nutrition Center||Centrifugal||15 Years||14.5 x 6.5 x 15.5 in||17 lbs|
|Breville BJE200XL||Centrifugal||1 Year||8.75 x 9.5 x 16 in||11 lbs|
|Tribest Green Star Elite GSE-5000||Masticating/Cold press||12 Years||18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 in||17.2 lbs|
|Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Manual Wheatgrass Juicer||Manual||5 Years||11.8 x 8.5 x 5.2 in||6.81 lbs|
|Lexen Healthy Wheatgrass Juicer GP27||Manual||1 Year||5.5 x 8.3 x 7.5 in||2.43 lbs|
This article identifies crucial things you need to look for when buying juicers for greens. You need to know that vegetable juicers are not cheap, but you can be guaranteed of the quality.
Types of Juicers for Leafy Greens and Hard Vegetables
Virtually all types of juicers can handle leafy vegetables to some extent, but the best way to get vegetable juice is through a reliable juicer that can press all the juices with minimal damage to the enzymes that your body needs to function properly.
1. Centrifugal Juicer for Greens
These are the commonly used fresh fruit juicers. You will find them at home and restaurants. They work by extracting juice using a metal blade configured to rotate at high speeds against a filter. The rotating force extracts juice from the fruit.
During this process, you will have two products the juice and pulp resulting from the outer fruit shell. Later, the pulp is separated by passing it into a different container.
- The high rotating blades will save you much time if when in a hurry
- They are easy to use and clean because of its easy assembly
- Heat generated from the spinning blades destroys fruit enzymes and may alter the nutritional value of your juice
- Foaming when operating creates air bubbles and reduces the juice’s shelf life
- Does not give a quality extract when dealing with vegetables
2. Masticating Juicers (Cold Press Juicers)
They are commonly referred to as the cold press juicers. They give you juice by crushing and putting the fruit under pressure. They do not produce heat, and their action mimics our natural chewing process. The process of chewing is made to be slow to give a high yield fruit extract.
- Produces high-quality fruit juice because of its extraction method
- It is a silent machine, no noise while at work
- Maintains the true nutritional value of fruits even after the extraction process
- Good for preparing baby foods because of their homogenizing feature.
- Maximum juice extracted from pulp
- Relatively pricey
- Cleaning takes longer compared to centrifugal juicers
- The chewing slow action may be inconveniencing in case you are in a hurry
3. Citrus Juicer for Greens
This is a different type of a juicer specially designed for extracting fresh juice from citrus fruits such as oranges, lime, grapefruits, and lemon. They are relatively cheap compared to the cold press juicers or the centrifugal juicers. Most of the citrus juicers are hand operated.
- They are affordable in comparison to the other two main categories of juicers
- They are exceptional in getting juicing from citrus and grapes
- They lack other basic functionalities the juicer would have
- They are operated manually
- Producing many liters of fresh fruit juice needs a lot effort.
What to Look for in Vegetable Juicer
One overriding feature that you must look at is the cost of an average vegetable juicer. Because you are likely to spend hard-earned money on a vegetable juicer, you need to make sure that some of these features are present. This feature may not be there on all brands that you are looking for, but if you can find a juicer with all these, then you know; you have the best juicer for vegetables.
1. The Pulp Ejection System
Vegetables have a lot of fiber that you have to deal with every time you want to juice. All juicers should have a pulp collector, and it should not even be a selling point
2. The Ease To Wash
Fruit juicers need to be frequently washed to eliminate enzymes and waste that may be stuck in the various parts of the juicers. If you can get a vegetable juicer featured with easy assembly and disassembly, then you are good to go. You may also want to look for a dishwasher-safe juicer
3. Speed Levels
Different vegetables produce the best juice when pressed at the right speed. Ideally, they all have different textures and need different motor speed settings to extract juice.
4. Size of Feeder Tube
The tube should be large enough to accommodate leafy vegetables without necessarily having to cut them.
5. Collection Cup
A juicer should have a collection cup where all the extracted juices are poured in once the pressing is finished.
The Best Juicer for Greens
This article has a wealth of information that will make it easier for you to follow through on some of the reviewed best juicers for greens and hard vegetables. We aim to present to you the facts as per the products function, and you make the final decision.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
This easy to use masticating juicer has a slow yet powerful motor that presses all your veggies very well. They do not produce foam or clog nor do they overheat after prolonged use.
Therefore, Omega J8006 is the best juicer for leafy greens given that vegetables tend to be foamy. The 80 RPMs motor is designed to give a high juice yield because the pressing and squeezing optimizes its functionality.
It has an elaborate pulp ejection system that works automatically without stopping the juicing process.
It has a dual stage juicing system that ensures that after pulp goes through a second extraction before being finally ejected from the juicer.
The juicer has a screen preinstalled. You can use Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer as a food-processing machine for foods like butter and peanut butter. Check Price Here
- The juice can stay for three days without going bad
- The controlled speed limits the formation of foam
- Very efficient compared to its price
- Dual-stage extraction process
The Not So-Good
- Several different brands make it difficult to decide which one to go for
- Some parts of the juicer are made of fragile materials
Tribest GSE -5050 Green Star Elite Cold Press Juicer
The Tribest GSE-5000 has been designed for green juice extraction. It can handle all types of vegetables with ease. It works well with herbs, fibrous plants, grass and those tough vegetables.
With an auto pulp-ejection mechanism, the juicer can make juicer continuously without compromising the high quality of juice produced.
The twin gears work the same way the human teeth do the crushing and grinding of food.
Tribest GSE-500 is the best vegetable juicer ideal for a person who needs a high quantity of fresh juice at a go.Check Price Here
- Automatic pulp ejection
- Works with hard vegetables, including herbs and sprouts
- Can be used to prepare baby foods
- Easy to assemble and clean
- The balanced, sure grip makes it easily portable
- Not easy to use
- It is big; Might take much of your kitchen space
- Slow action might lead to time wastage
Breville BJE200XL Compact Fountain Juicer
The Breville BJE200XL Juice Extractor is a powerful fruit juicer that has a stainless steel housing which adds to its durability and strength. It has a characteristic silent but powerful motor.
It has an innovative feature called the active arm press that you can use as a lever to press leafy greens and veggies perfectly.
It has a juicing cone that will hold enough juice for the whole family. The stainless steel filter and cord storage features protect the cord when not in use. Breville BJE200X is the best Breville juicer for leafy greens. Check Price Here
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Has an inbuilt filter
- Active arm feature for a convenient way to press on fruits
- Dishwasher safe
- One size fits all juice container
- The juice container has drip-stop juice spout
- The dome connector is made from fragile plastic
Lexen GP27 Manual Wheatgrass Juicer
The Lexen GP27 Manual Juicer is the best juicer you will find a good value that can both handle leafy vegetables and wheatgrass.
The simple to use vegetable juicer requires no electric power to make your favorite healthy drink.
The multi-purpose functionality of this juicer extend to include other veggies such as Collard, chard, and parsley but not carrots.
It will work with both hard and soft vegetables such as kales and spinach as well. It is easy to assemble, disassemble, and clean all the removable parts. Check Price Here
- Easy to operate
- Works well for both hard and soft vegetables
- Easy to clean
- High juice yield
- Light in weight
- Good for travelers
- The shaft may fall off when in use
- Need much effort to hold it in place when juicing
- To produce more juice, you need much energy to operate it
Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Wheatgrass Juicer
It is made of high-grade stainless steel that houses a soft fruit-extracting chamber.
It operates on twin gears to full press and extracts juice from your vegetables. This high-end product may be suitable for anyone operating a restaurant.
However, if you believe in getting the best juice from your vegetables, you should try the Handy Pantry HJ Hurricane Wheatgrass Juicer.Check Price Here
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Slow motor for the best extraction of juice
- Does not interfere with vegetable enzymes when juicing
- It is not easy to use
- Quite expensive
Benefits of Drinking Green Vegetable Juice
The different varieties of vegetables offer you the best assortment of nutrients and micronutrients in one healthy vegetable juice.
1. Supply the Body with Nutrients
Juicing offers the easiest way to directly feed your body with nutrients straight from fresh source minerals and vitamins. Squeezing all the juices from your vegetable results in getting micronutrients faster than you would ordinarily through the normal digestion process (which may take longer compared to juicing)
2. Better Nutrient Absorption
Vegetable juice will make it easy for your digestive system to absorb the nutrients directly without the need to separate the fiber from the nutrients. Your body may miss on some vital nutrients because you are not chewing your food properly.
3. You Get To Eat Many Vegetables
According to Mayo Clininc, some of these vegetables do not have a pleasant taste, mixing them with others that add flavor to the juice means that you will be able to consume the nutrients from vegetables you hardly like. The recipes for vegetable haters can be a good companion at this instance.
4. Body Gets Hydrated
Taking vegetable juice in liquid form maintains your body fluid demands. This plays a vital role in cell metabolism giving your cells a favorable work environment.
5. You Will Always Feel Good
The role of vitamins and other metals found only in vegetables cannot be underestimated. The natural vitamins and nutrients such as chlorophyll play an important role in oxygenating your blood and maintaining an optimum blood pressure level.
6. Hastens Hair Growth
Vegetables such as spinach, beetroot, onions, and carrots contain minerals that are essential for hair growth. This plays a big role in combating hair loss. The secret to maintaining your hairline is to drink vegetable juice from the dark green leafy vegetables and pepper
7. Nourishes Your Skin
You need vegetables like broccoli, sweet potatoes, and carrots to maintain the skin luster by keeping acne and pimples at bay. Juices from these veggies contain antioxidants that maintain healthy skin.
8. Reduces and Prevents Wrinkles
The vegetable juice that is rich in vitamins C and E are quite effective in reducing wrinkles.
Every time a leafy green vegetable is mentioned, you cannot ignore the word chlorophyll. It is what we see as the green pigmentation in green plants. Chlorophyll plays an important role in the body. Some of its functions are not limited to the following properties:
- Cell Stimulator
Health Benefits of Chlorophyll
The best source of chlorophyll is by juicing the leafiest and dark green vegetables. When taken on a regular basis, chlorophyll has the following benefits to your body.
- Increased blood count
- Eliminates bad body odors
- Relieves pain from ulcers
- Helps in managing respiratory problems
- Kills bacteria present in wounds
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory
- Eases bowel movements
- God for increasing milk production for breastfeeding mothers
- Melts toxic fats
Other best juicers that you might also be interested include:
|1. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer||2. Omega J8004 Nutrition Center||3. Hamilton Beach Juicer 67650A||4. Aicok Machine Slow Masticating Cold Press Juicer||5. NutriBullet Blender 12-Piece||6. Omega NC800 Juicer|
What is the best way of juicing leafy greens?
You might struggling trying to find the best way for juicing your leafy greens such as spinach and kales. Don’t worry because we all have those moments where we do not know how to do some things right.
The following tips will help you get the most out of your good juicer for greens:
- When juicing leafy greens and veggies such as spinach and kales, makes sure that you use bases such as lettuce and celery. Always start with the bases at all times.
- With roled-up veggies, insert them to the juicer to ensure that the machine can grasp it well. The trick also ensures that you do not waste your power consumption and time.
- Given that vegetables do not taste ‘so well,’ consider using herbs, lime, or zing. With ginger, apples, and lemon in your veggie juice, you are guaranteed of getting the best nutrients out of it such as vitamin C, which detoxifies the body and enhances your immune system.
Types of leafy greens and veggies that will give you the best juice:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Collard greens
- Mustard Greeens
- Bok Choy
- Beet Greens
- Swiss Chard
When on a tight budget but still wishing to get the best juicer and probably want one that can produce fresh vegetable juice throughout the day, the Super Angel DELUXE Model will come at a price but with the best quality of juice. It is the best for vegetables.
The Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer and the Tribest GSE -5050 Green Star Elite are affordable. The two will surely not disappoint you if your budget falls within that range.
The Breville 800 CPXL and the Lexen GP27 Manual Wheatgrass Juicers are specialized in their fields. One is dedicated citrus and hard fruit juicer while the other one works well with wheatgrass and hard vegetables. The common thing about the two is that they are portable and are easy to operate.
The digestive system can unlock some of the nutrients that are easily absorbed by juicing. We hope that the article has made you more aware of the benefits of vegetable juice, and revealed what you need to know before you pick out the best juicer for greens.